You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.
Home > Admissions > Home-School and Non-Traditional Applicants > Can I be admitted with an HSED or GED?
Can I be admitted with an HSED or GED?
print icon

A basic preparation for Cornell University includes these high school courses:


  • 4 years of English
  • 3 years of mathematics
  • 3 years of science (at least 2 lab sciences)
  • 3 years of a foreign language
  • 3 years of social science (history, social studies)


Applicants with a GED or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) will be asked to submit GED scores, or other applicable high school equivalency, along with the portion of their high school record they have completed. In addition, applicants should submit transcripts from any college course(s) they have completed and scores from any standardized examination(s) they have taken, including state exams and AP exams. The How to Apply website provides more information. Please also be sure to review the Standardized Testing Policy page, and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. 

1 out of 2 found this helpful

Still have questions? Email [email protected].
scroll to top icon