You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.

Showing articles from gap year tag

As an international student, can I defer my offer of admission to complete required military service?

Cornell will typically defer a student's offer of admission to permit them to complete required military service. If you are an admitted student wishing to defer enrollment for one or two years, you can submit an official request to Cornell undergraduate admissions by visiting your  Application Status Page  and compl…

Does Cornell grant deferrals?

Admitted first-year Cornell students may request a one or two-year deferred entry. Requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. In general, Cornell broadly supports the notion of a gap year experience for students between high school and college. Successful gap year experiences start with a well-developed plan and…

scroll to top icon