You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.

Showing articles from HE tag

Can I apply to both the Fashion Design and Fashion Design Management options?

No. Students must select the Fashion Design Management option they are interested in pursuing, and submit the appropriate supplement. Students who submit both supplements via Slideroom will be contacted and must select which submission they wish to have reviewed. The Fashion Design option prepares students for career…

I have already completed two years or more at my primary institution. Can I still apply to transfer to the College of Human Ecology?

The College of Human Ecology does not typically work with transfers who would be entering as second semester juniors or have more advanced standing. Students can transfer in a maximum of 60 credits towards the degree requirements, and we require that at least 60 credits be completed at Cornell University. Students ca…

How do I know what courses will transfer to the College of Human Ecology?

The College of Human Ecology does not offer formal credit evaluations prior to a student’s acceptance. Our applicants should have completed, or have in progress at the time of their application, our [Required Preparatory Coursework][1]. Coursework must be taken at an accredited institution that can also be able to pro…

What AP/IB scores will transfer into my Human Ecology major?

**First Year Students: ** AP/IB exam scores policies will depend on your major, and are reviewed each year. Accepted applicants who plan to enroll will request the College Board forward their official scores to Cornell for evaluation. **Transfer Students:** AP exam scores policies will depend on your major, and a…

Can I still apply to Design + Environmental Analysis if I don’t have a formal education in art?

Not having a formal background/education in art doesn’t need to hinder how you present your work in the DEA Design Challenge. Your creative thought processes and written rationale are as important as aesthetic aptitude. DEA accommodates students with a wide range of creative talents and experiences. With that, answer…

Are my chances higher of acceptance to the College of Human Ecology higher if I am a New York State Resident?

The College of Human Ecology comprehensively reviews all applications that we receive from across the globe. We will accept the most [competitive candidates][1] regardless of residency. [1]:

Can I submit artwork as a part of my application if I am not applying to a design major?

Students who are not required to submit a portfolio can choose to submit a few select pieces to upload via the supplemental materials portal when they receive access. Applicants should know that these pieces will not be evaluated by department faculty. Use of the portal is limited to supplemental information. If requ…

Can I use the SUNY application to apply to the College of Human Ecology?

No, we do not accept the SUNY application. Students must apply using the [Common App][1], including the Cornell supplement and the Human Ecology interest essay. Please visit the [Undergraduate Admissions][2] website for more information. [1]: [2]:

What degree do Human Ecology students graduate with?

Students who graduate from the College of Human Ecology earn a Bachelor of Science from Cornell University.

scroll to top icon