You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.
Home > Financial Aid > What types of financial aid are available?
What types of financial aid are available?
print icon

Types of Financial Aid

Please use the links below to review answers based on your area of study at Cornell University:

Undergraduate Students

Graduate Students

Professional Students (Johnson School, Law School or Veterinary Medicine)


Undergraduate Students

Students who demonstrate financial need are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Those who qualify are offered a specific aid package designed to meet that need. Need-based financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, and employment opportunities. Cornell does not offer merit-based financial aid. Review the details of each type of aid on our website.


The following video provides an overview of Cornell's need-based financial aid program:

Cornell Financial Aid Overview


Graduate Students

Consideration for graduate student fellowships or assistantships is processed with the student's admission application. Graduate students can apply for the Graduate William D. Ford Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan, the Graduate PLUS Loan, or the Federal Perkins Loan any time throughout the academic year.


Professional Students

Please refer to your specific school’s financial aid office:

Johnson School of Management Financial Aid

Law School Financial Aid

College of Veterinary Medicine Financial Aid

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Still have questions? Email [email protected].
scroll to top icon