You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.
Home > Admissions > Transfer Applicants > How do I apply as a visiting student?
How do I apply as a visiting student?
print icon

A visiting student is defined as a student who wants to take classes at Cornell while still enrolled at another institution, or a student who already holds a bachelor's degree and is seeking admission to prepare for graduate study or a career.


Visiting students must complete a Transfer Application using the Common Application (CA), which can be completed and submitted online. For more information about applying, please review the Transfer Applicant Checklist


Admitted visiting students must take at least twelve Cornell credits each semester, with half to two-thirds of their work in the college or school they've been admitted into. Visiting students can enroll for a maximum of two semesters at Cornell. Please note that visiting students are not eligible to earn a Cornell University degree, and do not receive financial aid.

1 out of 1 found this helpful

Still have questions? Email [email protected].
" "
scroll to top icon