Cornell University has extended its two-year suspension of SAT/ACT requirements to 2023 and 2024 applicants. If you do not submit your scores at the time you apply for admission, but later decide that you would like to submit scores, you are welcome to do so. The best way to submit SAT or ACT scores after applying is via the supplemental information section of your online application status page, under the heading "Upload Materials."
Please note that some of Cornell’s undergraduate colleges and schools are score-free, while others are test-optional.
Score-free colleges that will not use test scores in the admission process:
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
- Cornell SC Johnson College of Business - Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
- Cornell SC Johnson College of Business - Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration
Test-optional colleges/schools that will include a review of test results if they are submitted in the application review process:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Human Ecology
- Cornell Jeb E. Brooks School of Public Policy
- School of Industrial and Labor Relations
To learn more, visit our standardized testing policies website.